I frequently notice that when I am pinning things, there are common color themes that I gravitate towards. Recently I've noticed a lot of pinks and blacks, which I think, other than just looking so damn good together, is the perfect mixture of feminine and masculine.
Pinned images (from top): Black Leather Sofa, Sarah Wood Illustration & Design, Pink Dress/Knee Socks, Mixed Chairs, The Art Of, Swinging Cat Necklace, Barry Leonard : Oh My Days, Cats Wallpaper, and Ceramics Monthly 1953.
The geometrics trend has been going on for awhile now, but I am definitely not sick of it. There is something so aesthetically pleasing about sharp lines and angles (especially in patterns). I have a feeling I'll be loving this look forever.
Sources (from top to bottom): A Merry Mishap, unknown, CUSTHOM, Annette O'Brien, ferm LIVING, Vanessa Jackman, arkpad, BRICK HOUSE, unknown, Pietro Russo, and Est Magazine.
- I am not good with plants, but I think I could handle these paper ones.
- Summer is the season for eating lots of salads.
- Apartments with pops of color.
- I want to nap and read in this canvas tent.
- The prettiest floral herb centerpiece.
- Impressive and adorable DIY fruit macarons.
- Such a good before & after.
- Someday I will visit New Orleans.
- These rugs are gorgeous.
- The cutest summertime watermelon favors.
- I'm working on branding a business lately- here is some inspiration if you are too.
- This bride and groom look so good, as does the scenery.
- Inspiring spaces. with white walls.
- A simple + modern geometric manicure.
- Turning jealousy into motivation.
- I must visit the piñata district here in LA.
- Yummy coconut donuts.
- 9 stylish uses for vintage tins.
- Fence fox painting: so cool!
- I want these strawberry cheesecake popsicles on this very hot day.
- Kick those excuses to the curb.
- I love summer- photos of people emerging from a water slide.
"Make A Wish," from Rifle Paper Co.. Since today is my birthday, I was planning on doing a birthday-themed best of the week, but instead I will curl up on the couch with a movie and a drink. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks!
Lately I have been checking out books of patterns from the library, determined to start sketching my own. I want to always surround myself with bright, fun patterns on my clothing and in my home- I think they do a good job of cheering me up.
1. lightweight merino wool shawl stars orange ($97.50, sale), 2. Mineral Matches ($4), 3. Wallflower A6 Fliptop Jotter ($9), 4. Pastel Cartoon Shift Organza Dress ($24.90), 5. Black Abstract Diamonds and Minerals Print ($119), 6. Red and Mint Leather Pouch ($44), 7. Take a Rain Trek Umbrella ($29.99), 8. Carcasa Flores Azules (€15), 9. Sweet Ice-lolly-printed Round-neck Tank ($17.99), and 10. Multi Stem Double Oven Glove ($48)
Here is some cheery colorful graphic design inspiration for your Tuesday morning. Summertime always has me turning away from muted tones and embracing the bold and the bright.
Sources (from top to bottom): Marcel Häusler, Studio No10, Kelli Anderson, Elliott Walker, MaricorMaricar, Luke O'Neill, Kokoro & Moi, Laura Meseguer, Zheng Joo, and World Cup Stamps.