Hey, we all know one- or are one (I'm more of a crazy cat lady than I usually like to let on.) Here are some ways to wish our feline-loving friends the happiest of holidays...
1. Happy Cat Cardigan ($35.90), 2. Retro Cat Swedish Dishcloth (£3.75), 3. 2015 World's Most Super-Amazing 100% Awesome Cat Calendar ($16), 4. Feline Fanatic Tote ($19.99), 5. Cat Your Eye on the Time Necklace ($24.99), 6. Persian Cat Mini Cushion ($30), 7. Meow iPhone Case ($34), 8. Cycle Cat Silkscreen Print ($30), 9. Cute Wooden Cat Tape Dispenser ($20), and 10. Cat Ring ($65)
Design is Mine is now taking sponsors for the holiday season. I offer very discounted rates this time of year, since I'd like to give even the smallest of businesses the chance to promote themselves in the days of heavy shopping. You can email me directly for rates. Happy holidays!
Good morning! It's that time of the year again, the time for plentiful holiday gift guides. For the next month or so, I will be sharing my own themes and picks for the special folks in your life, as well as some guest collections- starting with these modern choices!
1. Ladies & Gentlemen Aura Wind Chime ($175), 2. Elli Necklace ($152), 3. Arch: YOU Icy Blue ($28, sale), 4. Eames House of Cards Numbers Mug ($12.99, sale), 5. Seaside Geometric Print (£45), 6. Fabric Bound Planner ($28), 7. Vintage Mid Century Modern Bookshelf ($119), 8. Graphic Pillow- Lotus in Silver ($57, sale), 9. Fort Standard Diamond Box Large - Natural ($24), and 10. Painted Wooden Valley Brooch (AU $29.95)
My favorite homes tend to show personality through their art choices and how they display them. I have never been a huge fan of bare walls. Art- be it vintage kitsch, souvenir postcards, illustration prints, or kid's watercolor paintings- makes a great home in my eyes.
Sources (from top to bottom): Smitten Studio, Trust Your Blood, Simply Grove, decor8, unknown, Planete Deco, The Design Files, Remodelista, The Everygirl, and Design*Sponge: Catherine Hammerton.
- 25 famous women talk about getting older.
- Um, brioche cinnamon rolls with brown butter frosting? Yes please.
- Love this simple home DIY project.
- Who is super excited for the Girls Season 4 premiere in a couple months?
- Famous album covers come to life.
- 50 reasons why you may be unhappy.
- Apple pie forever.
- Handwritten Joni Mitchell lyrics (I grew up on that album).
- Gotta adore Jon Hamm + cats.
- I want some chocolate toffee popcorn right now.
- DIY Gold pretzel napkin rings for the holidays.
- A super-pretty November desktop wallpaper.
- Lisa Congdon's doodling manifesto is awesome.
- Minimalistic tattoos for trade.
- I get sick of pumpkin-flavored everything, but I'm still a lover of pumpkin pie and bread.
- These really do look like the best potato skins.
- This home is absolute perfection.
- Printable cotton candy cards.
- Yes: pesto potato bacon pizza.
- More great desktop wallpapers.
- So many fantastic pops of color in this home.
- Loving these words so much.
- #wearefamily2014: a celebration of equality.
- A Totoro cat bus cake!
I know I am a day or so late in posting this, but I still wanted to share all these lovely links. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Xo. (above artwork by Laura McKeller)
Before moving down to Los Angeles, I was known for throwing two big themed parties every year: one in the summertime and one around the winter holidays. Now that we have downsized to a condo instead of a house and know much less people down here than in Portland, we are thinking of throwing together a much smaller gathering. I have been searching online for small party inspiration- I'm now quite excited about planning a cozy winter event in our cozy little home with our old and new California friends.
Sources (from top to bottom): Instagram: Justin Michau, The Makerista, Scout, With Grace & Guts, Stylized, Designlovefest, rose & crown, Camille Styles, Style Me Pretty, and Instagram: Oh Happy Day.