4.27.2010

ten images of inspiration : a love of stripes.












I apologize for the quiet day on here. I am feeling a little under the weather and ended up spending a large portion of my day curled up under the covers in bed (which, I have to say, was marvelous.) But here are some lovely images containing many, many stripes to end your Tuesday.

Sources (from top to bottom): Abby Powell, Flickr: hannah karina, Wayne Pate, Brigitte Sire, Sandra Juto, Shona Heath, Leanne Shapton, Roland Bello, Josh Goleman, and Nicholas Haggard.

13 comments:

  1. all of these photos together are phenomenal! what an effective and inspiring post! thank you!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Fellow stripe lover right here! Have you noticed everyone seems to be wearing them these days? I love these images. They are all so various and different and I like that, that there are stripes everywhere and the monotonous order of it makes it ok and pretty to look at. Nice collection of pictures, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, dear! these pictures are awesome! and the second one is killing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all of these, especially that funny seagull. your blog is so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that second image! so audrey hepburn-esque!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a fantastic strippy cuckoo clock on the Mooch website? I have one. It's handmade in Italy. It's very Paul Smith. The cuckoo is light sensitive too.

    Here's the link
    http://www.mooch.co.uk/Interiors_Diamantini_Domeniconi_Strippy_Cuckoo_Clock.asp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this post just made me really happy!
    I love that seagull picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear I hope you're feeling better. Loving all the stripes - especially that seagull with the pipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, me too. Lovin' stripes right now like nobody's business!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! I absolutely love stripes and seem to be going into a stripe wardrobe phase myself!

    - k.
    http://kaytokay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...