4.27.2011

ten images of inspiration : best friends.












Tomorrow afternoon my best friend from my youth arrives here in Portland. We were the kind of friends that were completely inseparable for years, spending every day and night together- listening to music, sneaking cigarettes, and sharing notes & journals. It's been twelve years since we've seen on another. Twelve years. I am excited to be with my old bestie again. Very, very excited.

Sources (from top to bottom): Flickr: signs and wonders, Mary Wells, Anna Hatzakis, Tamara Muth-King, John Kernick, Anna Moller, Flickr: signs and wonders, Brigitte Sire, Jane Roarty, and Mary Robinson.

14 comments:

  1. Great pics - there´s nothing like friendship! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures for such a wonderful occasion! It must be so nice to see your friend again! I have moved country twice in the last 10 years, which doesn't do lasting friendships much good...

    {hearts}
    & have a great time catching up!
    k.

    PS. I love this one too:http://www.flickr.com/photos/la_sendi/4494461350/in/faves-pillipillihandmade/

    It really shows how best friends are 'tied' together...
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these images, and love your story! my childhood bestie and i have kept in touch via facebook, but otherwise haven't seen each other in probably 10-15 years (wow, has it been that long?). have SO much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad I won't get to meet her! I also love all our own photos together. In 70 years somebody will find them and blog 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i so love this post x very special x

    vivI.Iviv
    www.lovexevol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw... have a great time. love the pictures. makes me miss my friends back in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! I would love to see a picture ofyou and your friend when you were small ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! I bet it will be just like old times. All these photos are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet, makes me miss my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! Makes me crave some sister time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for this wonderful photo grouping...so fun! Hope you and your friend have a fabulous time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures..Must be so exciting and emotional meeting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was lovely to look at/read. IT made me a bit teary for my best friends of my youth...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...