11.01.2011

interior inspiration : beautiful clutter.













It is a rather well-known fact about me that I am much more drawn to clutter-filled spaces than those that are sparse and minimal. I am very much a collector at heart, as well as what I like to call a "treasure hunter." I like to dig through estate sales and scour thrift stores for little unique treasures. I love walls filled with old and new art, paper lanterns, clusters of photographs, piles and shelves bursting with books, and little kitschy pieces all over the place. Give me a well-cluttered home (or shop, like where I work) with plenty of personality and I'm a happy lady.

Sources (from top to bottom): NY Times, Design*Sponge: Erin + Sean, The Selby: Shoplifter, les zigouis, Lonny Magazine, The Selby: Emma & Andrew, Design*Sponge: Ann Wood, jek in the box, The Selby: The George, Design*Sponge: Emily Henson, and Design*Sponge: Caitlin Mociun.

10 comments:

  1. I can't agree more. My house used to look the same, but now it's for sale so I had to remove all of it :(

    Nice screen bachground! How would you call such shape/form?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place where you work is amazing!!! I'd love to work in a place like that. Ubercool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! A bit of clutter is good for the soul. Just remember that line between collecting and hoarding :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this type of look. it's so cozy and homey but has such personality. we definitely try to emulate this style but with a baby on the way, i think our lovely clutter days may be over for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to have a little bit of a clutter, especially if it's arranged nicely. Like these photos! I love the pictures, the rooms look very inviting :3


    ~ Kieli ~

    http://rainbowstarcandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this too! It's totally the look I'm going for, but so far I only have it half-right. And it's not the beautiful party.

    Clutter always makes me think the people are way more interesting than a minimalist type decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really truly looks like my office. I am a visual filer, so I want all those colors, art & keepsakes out, where I can see them. It does wear me out, visually, so I need to go to a minimalist's home. Collecting vintage games and Foresman teaching materials, primary colors, thread, old school finished paint by number masterpieces and then, my artwork. EEEK - too much. Thanks for the great post!

    I do think there is a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous rooms! I just love a bit of beautiful clutter!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree. A collector's home is always interesting and gives a lot of talking to the visitors ...
    The minimal is boring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This taps into my biggest conflict about myself -- I want to be a "clean line" minimalist with a sparkling clean, empty, soothing, peaceful living space, but nothing gets my heart racing like these clutter, cozy rooms. These photos are phenomenal, thanks for rounding them up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...