9.07.2012

DESIGN IS MINE POP-UP SHOPPE AT XOXO!



Announcing: The Design is Mine Pop-Up Shoppe premiering at XOXO next weekend!

If you haven't heard about XOXO, it's an "arts and technology festival celebrating disruptive creativity" happening right here in Portland. Created by Andy McMillan and my tech-famous brother Andy Baio and funded by Kickstarter, the festival includes a (sold-out) conference with truly impressive speakers, an indie arcade, film screenings, fabulous local food carts and beer/coffee tastings, live music, and a 3-day market with a tightly-curated list of the best of Portland's arts and tech scenes, sharing and selling their work.

I feel quite lucky to be a part of the market, open to the public from Friday, September 14th until Sunday, September 16th. I will be selling the work of some of my favorite artists that have been featured here on Design is Mine, as well as type/design-focused tote bags by myself. There will be prints available by: Marc Johns, Caitlin Keegan, Aimee Sicuro, Ashley G, Matte Stephens, Small Adventure, S. Britt, Little Bright Studio, Judy Kaufmann, Lisa Golightly of Kiki & Polly, Laura George, Sycamore Street Press, Adam Record, Harshness, Samantha Hahn, Ward Jenkins and more!

If you live in Portland or will be visiting at the time, I urge you to come check it out. The market/main event is located in the Yale Union building at 800 southeast 10th avenue. Come say hello!

More about XOXO:
-The Willamette Week
-The NY Times
-Wired
-XOXO on Twitter
-The Kickstarter video

2 comments:

  1. Loved your booth, and it was super nice meeting you. This sounds kind of weird, but after looking at your Pinterest boards, I feel like I should have shown you my nails, because you would appreciate them, haha. See here: http://transientexpression.com/diy-cat-nail-decals/

    (This is Rachel, by the way. I know Chris.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...