1.23.2008

apples for jam.



I have had my eye on Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros for awhile now, but have never shelled out the thirty dollars to purchase it, so I was quite happy to find it for half off at Anthropologie last week. I am someone who swoons over beautiful cookbooks, and this is one of the prettiest ones I haved seen. The cookbook is organized by color and filled with gorgeous bright photographs and children's illustrations. Although there are many meaty recipes (I am a vegetarian), there are still a ton of wonderful dishes throughout. Some of my favorites include: Jam Shortbread, Lemon Sandwiches with Raspberries and Cream, Spelt and Cranberry Bean Soup, and Brown Bread and Butter Ice Cream. All in all, it's a gorgeously designed book that will bring back sweet childhood memories.

From the introduction: "I have looked in the hide-and-seek places of children to find four-leaf clovers; dug through the coloring boxes of summer and winter and found many treasures. This is about whispering advice to a sister, swapping recipes over fences, sharing crumbs on a train with a stranger. I am passing on those things that I wish to know from people-the very stuff that makes me smile and puts a twinkle in my eye. The things that we hold, together with emergency cookies, in our apron pockets-that we take to bed with us at night."

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this book but also share your love for beautiful cookbooks! I checked it out online and have now added it to my "MUST purchase" list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this one at Anthro last week as well! I make a round thru there every week because they always have new stuff in the Sale Room! It is a beautiful book with great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this at my library this weekend. Plan on making Vermacilli soup.
    -Shannon in Austin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...