I have started playing with watercolors again. Sometimes I wish I could paint my whole house with them- the colors instantly cheer me up.
1. Watercolor Me Impressed Dress ($162.99), 2. Blue Abstract Watercolor - Hard Cover Case ($22.99), 3. Mod Watercolor Infinity Scarf - Yellow ($12.50), 4. Dansk Silhuet Teapot ($49.95), 5. Watercolor Cosmetic Pouch ($4.80), 6. Vila Tiedy Top ($32.26), 7. Vantage Point Flats ($38.99), 8. Tropical Change Pouch ($24), 9. Silk Pillow with Original Watercolor Pattern ($58), and 10. Love - Man and Woman Art Print 12X16 Watercolor Painting ($35)
No theme this evening- just some totally stylin' homes that I have been crushing on lately.
Sources (from top to bottom): wish!, Skona Hem, cloth fabric, The New York Times, Vogue Living, Fryd + Design, The Design Files, Hilda Grahnat, Frankie, and Wilde & Watson.
My fiancé Christopher and I did not plan on getting engagement photos done. Spending what could be our wedding money on them didn't seem like the best thing to do, plus we both agreed that they weren't really necessary. But then a couple months after our proposal, our dear friend Vanessa Morrow asked if she could shoot some for us just for fun and we couldn't say no to the opportunity. Since our wedding is going to be county fair-themed, we all agreed it would be sweet to take the photos at a place surrounded by cotton candy, carnival rides, prize-winning games, and plenty of color: Oaks Park, one of the oldest amusement parks in the country. We had such a lovely day with her and are so happy with how the pictures turned out. I think they totally capture the way we are with each other.
See more photos after the jump, including a favorite Polaroid.
- These popsicles sound crazy delicious.
- This shop looks heavenly.
- Yum: cornflake marshmallow cookies.
- A beautiful wedding in a railroad museum.
- Some great weekend projects.
- This makes me smile: 70 little ways you can tell that someone loves you.
- A bunch of pretty summertime photographs.
- There's just something about Paris storefronts.
- My kids would flip out over this Lego party.
- VSCO Cam (one of my favorite photo apps): step-by-step.
- Best site ever!
- A menstruation celebration. Yep.
- Vintage aerial ballet images.
- More fab DIY projects.
- Living in Ghost World.
- Make a paper flower backdrop.
- I never tire of looking at photos on film.
- I think I might have to set up a cardboard lemonade stand for my boys this summer.
- Genetics are awesome.
- Twenty "eclectic collector" children's rooms.
- Madly loving this home tour.
Enjoy your Sunday, xoxo! (artwork above by Michelle Carlslund)
You've got to admit, there is something fun about making a birthday wishlist, even if just a little one. These are just some lovely things I would love to get on my birthday, which just happens to be tomorrow. Though I will be perfectly happy just getting hugs and good moments.
1. Alfred Finds his Soul Mate Print ($35), 2.Squirrel And Nut Collar Studs ($11.82, sale), 3. Geo Drusy Ring in Raspberry ($76), 4. Crisscross the Universe Dress ($62.99), 5. Ballerina paint-by-numbers framed wall hanging ($30), 6. PX 680 Color Protection Film ($23.49), 7. Kitchen Wall Hanging Spoon Hook Anamorphic Big Eye Peach ($23.95), 8. Tumbleweeds Handcraft Wooden Sunglasses ($85), 9. You're Kitten Me Wedge ($44.99), 10. L'Aromarine The-Tea ($28), 11. IPA Brewing Kit ($50), and 12. Festival Mug ($22)
Whether it's for a casual day hanging out with friends or a special event, here is some summertime fashion inspiration. It's definitely the time of year to expose skin: enjoy it.
Sources (from top to bottom): Nudeedudee, glamcanyon, Milk Teeths, The Quirky Stylista, unknown, Natalie Off Duty, Elinkan, Lisa Warninger, The Little Deer, Lovers in Japan.
- Make some adorable cactus cupcakes.
- I'm such a sucker these days for farm weddings.
- Success after 30. This got me motivated.
- Oh my, now I really want to try/make lemonade pie.
- Ira Glass is one of my favorite men ever.
- So excited over Molly Wizenberg's new book (next May seems too far away!)
- I have a love affair with Polaroid land cameras. I have five!
- Orange cream floats: such a classic.
- Small kitchen, big style.
- A fantastic summer manifesto.
- These little cookies look too pretty to eat.
- Suzy Parker x Suzie Bird.
- I'm so in love with Ms. Matilda. Meow!
- Honeycomb garland looks so fantastic. My next party needs to have some.
- Greetings from Sugar Beach.
- A really great watercolor tutorial.
- I adore peeks into artist sketchbooks.
- More colorful wedding love.
- I need to adopt some of these goals for myself.
- A better pie, thanks to science.
- Lovin' this bohemian home.
- Wookies in real-life situations.
- You should make: DIY state string art.
- A cute and totally stylish party theme.
- Time goes fast.
And we are off to the Washington coast for the weekend! I hope you enjoy all these lovely links, as well as a beautiful summer weekend. (above artwork by pretty little thieves)
This weekend, we are taking our first mini vacation of the summer. We'll be in a 1960s vintage trailer along the coast in the middle of trees and I cannot wait. Sometimes it is so nice to get away just for a couple of days. If I could, I'd take all these items along with me...
1. Purrfect Tee ($19.50), 2. Beach Shorts, Wide Red Stripe (£79), 3. Sprocket Rocket Camera ($89), 4. The Transport Rucksack ($248), 5. Go Navy! Beat Army! Thermos ($62), 6. Mr. Boddington's Penguin Classics, Pride & Prejudice ($17.99), 7. Underachievers Please Try Harder CD ($15.05), 8. Snappy Trails Picnic Throw ($32.99), and 9. The Race Flip Book Journal ($12.50)
As long as I can remember, I have been a lover of delightfully tacky things. I keep thinking that as I grow older, my yearning to surround myself with vintage kitschiness will diminish- but it truly hasn't. I have to stop myself from completely filling our home with crazy colors, velvet paintings, old toys, flowery wallpaper, and a million knick-knacks.
Sources (from top to bottom): Oh Marie!, Tear It Out, Danielle Thompson, Troedelhaus, Piewacket, Elle Spain, Karen Shavit, Design Attractor, batixa, unknown, Design*Sponge.