FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : DREAM-LIKE.
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : SEEING RED.
In case you didn't know it, red just happens to be my favorite color. And now with the heat of the soon-to-be summertime, I am finding myself loving it more than ever.
Sources (from top to bottom): Lonny, Design*Sponge: Paula Mills & Family, rue, House & Garden, Bruno Suet, Lonny, Period Living, Pia Ulin, Lonny, and Dell & Moxie.
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : SEUSS.
"...Any Direction You Choose," a Dr. Seuss quote from the inspiring Words Worth Repeating feature on Anamu.
GINNY & JUDE.
Check out: the new line from Rabia Lockwood of Ginny & Jude Designs. Stunning and perfectly classic pieces; plus, that model is a knockout.
"Their distinctly unique fashion accessories are constructed from a carefully selected combination of new and vintage materials. Each handcrafted piece is imbued with a rich world history; millinery trim from early 1900s Europe, vintage glass and Bakelite buttons, French mohair, knitted ties from 1960s England and monocles originally used in 1800s America – to name a few.
(Via Honey Kennedy)
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : ANCHOR.
"ship & anchor" by j.caron. (See also: blog)
BEST OF [LAST] WEEK.
- Ten awesome DIY projects.
- This summer, make yourself a pretty flower crown.
- Fabric ribbon as decoration is so lovely.
- I think this is a must-buy for warm-month entertaining.
- This bride is stunning.
- The New York Times does an update on the wine spritzer.
- For the love of pie? A feature definitely after my own heart.
- Such an incredible kitchen remodel. It's hard to believe it's the same kitchen as before!
- A colorful and gorgeous London apartment.
- Make yourself a nice hanging basket garden.
- Look at all that beautiful wood!
- Also from Design*Sponge, the best vegan recipes.
- Total pattern goodness.
- Oh Wes Anderson, I love you.
- Kris Atomic's guide to iPhone photo apps.
- Holy crap, this shed is crazy adorable.
- There's just something inspiring about the romance of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.
I am a bit late, but have a glorious, sunshine-filled 3-day weekend! (above artwork by Jay Cover).
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : SEA & SKY.
COLLECTIONS : STYLIN' MID-CENTURY.
I have suddenly been on a major mid-century kick. It really never, ever goes out of style.
1. EAMES STORAGE UNIT BOOKCASE ($2,999), 2. Pair of Vintage Mid-Century Ceramic Lamps ($429), 3. Carter Chair ($899), 4. Mistura Pellicano Watch in Brown ($224.99), 5. Cathrineholm poster printModern print midcentury art kitchen poster ($43), 6. Pop Girl Dress ($125.99), 7. peacocks, mid century design, art print ($100), 8. nelson tripod desk clock ($395), 9. ceres planter turquoise - tall ($158), 10. Vintage Midcentury Wood Men's Valet ($10), 11. Set of Two Mid-Century Glass Strawberry Trays by Georges Briard ($149), and 12. Mid-Century Nightstand ($249)
TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : FROM OREGON, WITH LOVE.
Oh, how I do love this state I live in. This summer, I plan on exploring Oregon as much as I can, starting this weekend on a camping trip. Isn't this place beautiful?
Sources (from top to bottom): Dave Tuttle, Abby Powell Thompson, Laura Alice Watt, Alicia J. Rose, Anna Shelton, Andrea Jenkins, Parker Fitzgerald, Cori Kindred, Sarah J. Fuller, and Traci French.
...of dream shoes, from sponsor Dear Golden: 1960s Spectator Mary Janes. A bit too big for me, but I can dream. ($64)
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : BRIGHT.
"Look At The Bright Side," by Japanese designer Kota Kammoto of KGS Design Studio.
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : RANDOM TUESDAY.
It's just another random Tuesday around here- lots of pretty spaces with no theme. Except that they are all totally awesome.
Sources (from top to bottom): Design*Sponge: Matt & Kathy, Neest, The Selby: Glenn & Gina, knack studios, Country Living, Bright Bazaar, unknown, Hus & Hem, the boo and the boy, and Design*Sponge: Husky Ranch.
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : PIE.
- Just some good advice.
- Such a pretty Earth Day supper.
- This is totally my kind of shop.
- Can someone please build me a nice little backyard shed?
- String art is awesome.
- The best meatballs you'll ever have.
- Food and fashion.
- A rainbow paint party sounds lovely.
- I have always been a fan of knuckle tattoos- these ones are so simple and pretty.
- Make a mobile out of charcoal.
- I would love to start making my own perfume.
- Easy peasy napkin rings.
- I love a good backyard wedding.
- You can do it: create a gallery wall.
- Someday in the near future I will drive to Washington and stay in a treehouse.
- A whole lot of pretty fashion.
- The best movie phone scenes.
COLLECTIONS : VINTAGE WHITES.
And now we move on to pretty vintage whites, simple and classy. Where to next- purples? Greens? Plaids? Your choice, readers!
1. 1950s dress / 50s wedding dress / New World dress ($225), 2. Vintage Galvanized Painted Curved Sign "FOR SALE" ($79), 3. Vintage 1960s White Straw Purse With Needlepoint Flowers and Brass and Lucite Fittings ($45), 4. Vintage 1940's Alert Alarm Clock U.S. Time Corporation ($49), 5. Vintage White Wooden Wedge Sandals sz. 7 ($36), 6. Vintage Canvas US Mail Bag ($50), 7. Vintage Motorcycle prints from 1944 (£237.50), 8. Vintage Antler Trophy ($125), 9. Vintage white and silver handbag ($15), 10. Vintage Perfume Bottle in Floral White Porcelain Triangular with Atomizer ($14.50), and 11. Antique Crapaud Chair ($1,995)
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : GHOSTLY.
"spirits" by milkysoldier.
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : DOING-IT-YOURSELF.
I feel like I have been slacking in doing any projects for a long while now. Come fall, when both kids will actually be in school (!!), I think it's going to be time to really start working on my home using some creativity. I adore seeing how well others put things together and add their own clever & artistic touches in their spaces. It's time to put my hands to work again...
Sources (from top to bottom): THE IMAGE IS FOUND, Rue, Wednesday, Lo Bjurulf, Design*Sponge, Geninne, sfgirlbybay, The New York Times, Piet Hein Eek, Worthpoint, and elsie marley.