Logos are the face of a company. It is frequently the first impression of a business- in a way, it communicates to people with its design, overall aesthetic, and if it's good, can stick in the memory. I am currently in the beginning stages of starting my own company (!!) and have been working on the logo. Do I go hand-drawn? Crisp and simply designed? Colorful or black & white? Thanks to the Internet and a large array of excellent designers, there is plenty of inspiration- now let's hope I succeed at creating a great one.
Sources (from top to bottom): Simon Walker, Watts Design, Folke Army, Boheem, RoAndCo, Anagrama, Dan Cassaro, Creative Device Collaborative, Taylor Thomas, and Shierly Dewi.
Ah, springtime. Even without the blooming cherry blossom trees of the northwest around me anymore, I still find myself inspired by the pastel shades that always pop up this time of year.
Sources (from top to bottom): A Beautiful Mess, Zilverblauw, seventy nine ideas, The Glitter Guide, Ernests, The Minimalist, Marie Claire Maison, Hotel La Belle Juliette, Lonny, and unknown.
When we knew we were relocating to California, I ended up getting rid of many of my possessions to make the move easier, rid my life of excess clutter, and start anew. This meant donating and selling a large percentage of the vintage goods I had thrifted for years and years. I do miss some of the things I left behind, but I'm looking forward to adding "new" vintage goodies to our brand new home. These are some I would absolutely love to acquire for sure.
1. Vintage Wood Coffee Table ($85, sale), 2. vase with china vintage porcellain Kaiser op art ($57.04), 3. Mid Century Hairpin Leg Planter ($49), 4. Mid-Century Welby Sunburst Clock ($145), 5. Walter Bosse style hedgehog ashtray set ($102.20), 6. Raymor Ceramic CatchAll Tray Schoolgirl Italy ($87), 7. vintage breyer deer / doe ($24), 8. Up, Up and Away - Vintage Handmade Hot Air Balloon ($128), 9. Mid Century Mod Corning Glassware Set ($12), and 10. Vintage Georges Briard Heavy Ceramic Planter or Ice Bucket ($30)
- Super cute Easter basket ideas.
- A really simple and rad table number idea.
- Another Swedish home I'm loving.
- Such a good washi tape decorating tip.
- Glamorous roadkill? Amazing.
- Oh man, 25-year-old Jon Hamm on a nineties dating show.
- 5 tips for making the best dyed Easter eggs on the block.
- I'm really into the elegant simplicity of this jewelry.
- Bunting made from jelly beans!
- I can't wait to get my hands on Lisa Congdon's new book.
- Margaritas are my fave.
- I totally want to make this plant stand...
- and these ones.
- Metal Cats makes me so happy.
- A great article about Tavi Gavinson and how she inspires self-empowerment.
- These bunny plate pals should make a fun homeschool project.
- This wedding is complete perfection in my opinion.
- Gorgeous DIY faux stained glass windows.
- I really want a print of this in our home.
- Decorate a pretty pie box.
- I like the idea of making my own extracts.
- Louis CK is the best ever.
Happy weekend everyone! We are spending the day at the beach tomorrow, which I couldn't be happier about- I hope you enjoy your Sunday as well! (above artwork by Carolina Buzio)
Being back in California has been making me yearn for a day trip out to the desert. I have been reminiscing of being young, taking road trips out to Las Vegas or Laughlin, sitting in the backseat with my headphones on and watching the sun set over rolling hills and endless cacti. I'm even finding the desert inspiring my home design now. Here's hoping for a possible mini vacation.
Sources (from top to bottom): Myan Soffia, Lola Guerrera, Ooh Pretty Shiny, Worth James Goddard, Journey's Eye, Melissa Lund, Sloan Photographers, David Ryle, and Calamari Studio.