FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : SKATE.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:06 AM No comments:
PINNING : PINK AND BLACK.
I frequently notice that when I am pinning things, there are common color themes that I gravitate towards. Recently I've noticed a lot of pinks and blacks, which I think, other than just looking so damn good together, is the perfect mixture of feminine and masculine.
Pinned images (from top): Black Leather Sofa, Sarah Wood Illustration & Design, Pink Dress/Knee Socks, Mixed Chairs, The Art Of, Swinging Cat Necklace, Barry Leonard : Oh My Days, Cats Wallpaper, and Ceramics Monthly 1953.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:01 AM No comments:
labels: collections, things i'm loving...
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : JUST KIDDING.
"Get Back To Work," a typography poster design by Virginia-based artist Drew Ellis. (See also: portfolio)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:39 AM No comments:
labels: letter + type, thought of the day
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : MODERN GEOMETRICS.
The geometrics trend has been going on for awhile now, but I am definitely not sick of it. There is something so aesthetically pleasing about sharp lines and angles (especially in patterns). I have a feeling I'll be loving this look forever.
Sources (from top to bottom): A Merry Mishap, unknown, CUSTHOM, Annette O'Brien, ferm LIVING, Vanessa Jackman, arkpad, BRICK HOUSE, unknown, Pietro Russo, and Est Magazine.
posted by Summer Allen at 11:32 AM 2 comments:
labels: interior inspiration, picture perfect
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : DINOSAURS.
"no cars anymore" by antonfayle.
posted by Summer Allen at 5:24 PM No comments:
BEST OF THE WEEK : JULY TWENTY-SIXTH.
- I am not good with plants, but I think I could handle these paper ones.
- Summer is the season for eating lots of salads.
- Apartments with pops of color.
- I want to nap and read in this canvas tent.
- The prettiest floral herb centerpiece.
- Impressive and adorable DIY fruit macarons.
- Such a good before & after.
- Someday I will visit New Orleans.
- These rugs are gorgeous.
- The cutest summertime watermelon favors.
- I'm working on branding a business lately- here is some inspiration if you are too.
- This bride and groom look so good, as does the scenery.
- Inspiring spaces. with white walls.
- A simple + modern geometric manicure.
- Turning jealousy into motivation.
- I must visit the piñata district here in LA.
- Yummy coconut donuts.
- 9 stylish uses for vintage tins.
- Fence fox painting: so cool!
- I want these strawberry cheesecake popsicles on this very hot day.
- Kick those excuses to the curb.
- I love summer- photos of people emerging from a water slide.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:56 PM No comments:
labels: best of the week
Check out: the stunning paintings of Toronto-based artist Yangyang Pang. So many beautiful colors! (See also: shop & Facebook)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:32 PM 1 comment:
labels: art attack, things i'm loving...
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : BIRTHDAY.
"Make A Wish," from Rifle Paper Co.. Since today is my birthday, I was planning on doing a birthday-themed best of the week, but instead I will curl up on the couch with a movie and a drink. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks!
posted by Summer Allen at 11:26 PM 3 comments:
labels: paper goods, thought of the day
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : MEOW.
"唐噗夫人" by 我的嘴唇比牛雜還柔軟.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:13 AM 2 comments:
COLLECTIONS : PATTERN CRAZE.
Lately I have been checking out books of patterns from the library, determined to start sketching my own. I want to always surround myself with bright, fun patterns on my clothing and in my home- I think they do a good job of cheering me up.
1. lightweight merino wool shawl stars orange ($97.50, sale), 2. Mineral Matches ($4), 3. Wallflower A6 Fliptop Jotter ($9), 4. Pastel Cartoon Shift Organza Dress ($24.90), 5. Black Abstract Diamonds and Minerals Print ($119), 6. Red and Mint Leather Pouch ($44), 7. Take a Rain Trek Umbrella ($29.99), 8. Carcasa Flores Azules (€15), 9. Sweet Ice-lolly-printed Round-neck Tank ($17.99), and 10. Multi Stem Double Oven Glove ($48)
posted by Summer Allen at 12:02 AM No comments:
TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : COLORFUL GRAPHIC DESIGN.
Here is some cheery colorful graphic design inspiration for your Tuesday morning. Summertime always has me turning away from muted tones and embracing the bold and the bright.
Sources (from top to bottom): Marcel Häusler, Studio No10, Kelli Anderson, Elliott Walker, MaricorMaricar, Luke O'Neill, Kokoro & Moi, Laura Meseguer, Zheng Joo, and World Cup Stamps.
posted by Summer Allen at 10:13 AM 2 comments:
labels: art attack, design nerd, ten images of inspiration
BEST OF THE WEEK : THE TWELTH OF JULY.
- Printable free watercolor luggage tags.
- A bright & cheery July desktop wallpaper.
- Real art combined with 80s teenage heartthrobs.
- Sour cherry milkshakes sound excellent.
- I plan on making this watercolor garland with my kiddos.
- 10 awesome Ikea hacks to try.
- Heck yeah: a Trix cake!
- There can be something so beautiful about abandoned buildings.
- I want to see Tara Donovan's art in person.
- What to cook when it's hot, hot, hot.
- Good advice on managing feedback.
- 15 lovely centerpieces for your summer table.
- Roasted apricot & rose eton mess sounds so fancy and scrumptious.
- Wedding inspiration from Salvation Mountain. I can't wait to visit that place someday.
- The small things.
- Fine art and hip hop work so well together.
- This midsummer mingle looks like the dreamiest party ever.
- Lemonade is my fave.
- Learn how to ice a ruffle cake.
- 20 fun fashion DIY projects to make this summer.
- I'm such a sucker for salty chocolate chip cookies.
Much love to all of you this hot, hot weekend- make a big splash in the water for me, will you? (artwork above from Judy Kauffman's amazing new HELLO PATTERN collection)
posted by Summer Allen at 1:07 PM No comments:
labels: art attack, best of the week
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : ROCKIN'.
"You Rock," an illustrated postcard from Hydrangea Ranger. ($3, see also: blog)
posted by Summer Allen at 4:33 PM 3 comments:
labels: thought of the day
ART COLLECTION : TEN SUMMERY PRINTS.
1. Mountainscape Print by The Adventures Of ($79), 2. Chartreuse Bowl by Julie Parker-Garza ($25+), 3. California Framed Wall Art by Fimbis ($99), 4. Soft Serve Print by TWAMIES ($12), 5. Television Tiger by Sarah Walsh ($20), 6. viewfinder by Ooh Pretty Shiny ($35+), 7. Early Morning by Ashley Goldberg ($25), 8. Top Knot 12 by Elizabeth Mayville ($20), 9. snorkeler by Kate Pugsley ($40), and 10. Carnival Fun by Carolyn Cochrane ($30)
posted by Summer Allen at 1:48 PM 1 comment:
labels: art attack, collections, i heart etsy
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : RED, WHITE & BLUE.
"parade-ready" by andrea. (See also: blog)
Happy 4th of July to all my readers here in the states- I hope you all enjoy plenty of sparklers, ice cold beer, strawberry & blueberry pie, corn-on-the-cob, fireworks shows, and friendly company.
posted by Summer Allen at 10:38 AM No comments:
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : JAG ÄLSKAR SWEDEN.
Whenever I am in need for some home inspiration, I always go back to Sweden. I feel like our new home finally has my favorite qualities of Swedish design- minimalism, a mixture of vintage and modern, open space, pops of color, and lots of light. I still dream of having a home in the Swedish countryside someday- or a little home in Gothenburg or Stockholm like any of the ones above.
Sources: Stadshem, Sofia Byström, Plaza Interiör, Stadshem, Hemnet, Patrik Hagborg, Alvhem, Fantastic Frank, Sara Landstedt, Bolaget, Kristofer Johnsson, and Coco Lapine.
posted by Summer Allen at 11:28 PM No comments:
labels: interior inspiration, picture perfect
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)