FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : FLORALS.
"vintage wallpaper" by bonjour celine! (See also: blog)
posted by Summer Allen at 10:15 PM 4 comments:
labels: flickr fiend, in with the old, picture perfect
Yeah, this might just be the cutest milk jug I ever did see. You know you want one too. ($32)
posted by Summer Allen at 10:12 PM No comments:
labels: in the kitchen, things i'm loving...
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : A HARD BATTLE.
"Be kind...," a tattoo design by Simon Walker. (via Here Comes the Sun)
posted by Summer Allen at 1:42 PM 1 comment:
labels: flickr fiend, letter + type, thought of the day
COLLECTIONS : VINTAGE YELLOWS.
Clothing and trinkets from the past, you sure do look mighty fine in yellow.
1. vintage BRIGHT CANARY yellow bauble pullover sweater ($28), 2. Vintage Botanical Print 14, Sale item, yellow rose, produced from a vintage book plate, 8x11 wall art ($10), 3. Vintage 1960s DANSK Yellow Enamel Pitcher Carafe IHQ Denmark Danish Modern 3 Ducks ($45), 4. Vintage Two-sided Yellow Metal Gas Station Sign Numbers ($12), 5. Vintage Yellow Tulip Chair ($125), 6. Typewriter Vintage Yellow Adler Tippa ($160), 7. Vintage Oceanic Cut Plug Tobacco Tin by Cheinco ($25), 8. Vintage Yellow Pedestal Bowl Dish ($8), and 9. Vintage buttons - assorted yellow buttons ($3.50)
posted by Summer Allen at 1:24 PM 5 comments:
labels: collections, i heart etsy, in with the old
THE BEST OF THE BEST.
- My brother and 15-year-old nephew launched this awesome website together. Good job, men!
- Advice: 29 ways to stay creative.
- I think tonight I will be downloading this app for some Instagram fun.
- Nautical nails are fabulous.
- Totally exciting news: Once Wed blog is going to print!
- I'm still not tired of pastel hair. No, not at all.
- I am completely in love with this home.
- Adorable Lauren Moffat-inspired free printable tags.
- Heck yes: the best chocolate ice cream you'll ever have.
- This dessert table decor is right up my alley.
- I really love old maps.
- How cute is this DIY pony print dress?
Enjoy the weekend, people! I hope you all have a grand ole time. (above artwork by Ashley G.)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:56 PM 3 comments:
labels: art attack, best of the week
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : HEARTED.
"Giant Dwarf // Valentine's Day" by giant dwarf. (See also: website & shop)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:50 PM No comments:
TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : SNAIL MAIL.
I used to be quite the avid penpal. I still have boxes of beautiful letters in my closet from exchanging notes and gifts through the post for years and years. Now, I have become terribly lazy about it and find my mail to be nothing but bills and junk. I think it might be time to start up again- anyone else want to join? There are few things better than good mail days.
Sources (from top to bottom): Shanna Murray, unknown, LilyMoon, Håkan Dahlström, perfectbound, persephassa, Johnny Miller, unknown, Here Comes the Sun, and Paper Pastries.
posted by Summer Allen at 3:44 PM 14 comments:
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : US.
"You and Me are meant to be," a collage illustration print by St. Paul's Yellow Button Studio. ($20, see also: blog)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:44 AM 2 comments:
labels: art attack, i heart etsy, thought of the day
COLLECTIONS : PATTERNED CERAMICS.
I'll admit it: I'm a pattern whore. But really, aren't they all just lovely?
1. Sagaform Tulip Tea Set (£18.50), 2. Orla Kiely Blue Small 1L Storage Jar (£20), 3. Black Links Coffee Service ($64), 4. Striped Mugs ($40), 5. Marionette Bowl ($25), 6. Futura Large Bowl ($135), 7. retro storage container short ($20), 8. Robin Hood Gardens mug (£10), and 9. Rasymatto Serving Bowl ($52)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:25 AM 2 comments:
labels: collections, in the kitchen
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : OLD-FASHIONED.
Untitled by yerinmok. (See also: portfolio & print shop)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:05 PM No comments:
I'LL TELL YOU...
...I'm not usually the biggest fan of fringe; actually, I usually despise it. But this necklace by boo & boo factory has somehow won my heart over. Those colors just make me smile and daydream of summertime. ($58)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:00 PM 3 comments:
labels: i heart etsy, style me pretty, things i'm loving...
So. In. Love... with the new line of fonts from Magpie Paperworks. I have always been a fan of Jess's handwriting- it's no surprise that it transferred so well to fonts. Beautiful!
posted by Summer Allen at 10:53 PM 2 comments:
labels: art attack, things i'm loving...
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : MY FAVORITE.
"you are by far my favorite," a sweet wall-of-hearts DIY idea from Melanie of You Are My Fave.
posted by Summer Allen at 10:50 PM 1 comment:
labels: thought of the day
- I want to go to there.
- A lovely date idea: make sweetheart sundaes.
- Very much a blog after my own heart.
- Oh, how I love muted shades, especially when they manage to be a bit girly.
- A grand way to redecorate drab white tablecloths.
- Such a gorgeous wedding.
- I always love getting little peeks into Hilda's home.
- Major sexiness.
- There are few foods I love more than homemade waffles.
- These spaces & photographs are stunning.
- A whole lotta winter baking for the short amount of cold times we have left.
- I am definitely going to try making this bow tie over the weekend.
- Looking for craft room inspiration? Here is plenty.
Enjoy the three-day weekend! Snuggle your sweetie, enjoy coffee with a friend, read a good book, or spend the night dancing. See you in a few. (above artwork by sponsor ReStyle)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:16 PM 4 comments:
labels: art attack, best of the week
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : LEGS.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:54 PM 1 comment:
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : CLUTTERED WALLS.
Just because I cannot seem to ever stop collecting wall art. I just might find myself moving up to the ceilings someday.
Sources (from top to bottom): Lonny, Design*Sponge: Sarah Foelske & James Milward, Paul Raeside, Lonny, Design*Sponge: Rosy Strazzeri-Fridman & Yanic Fridman, Ngoc Minh Ngo, Lonny, House To Home, The Selby: Jamie & Anthony, Polly Wreford, and Design*Sponge: Fiona Douglas.
posted by Summer Allen at 9:59 PM 11 comments:
labels: interior inspiration, picture perfect
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : I REALLY HOPE SO.
posted by Summer Allen at 1:38 PM 3 comments:
labels: design nerd, thought of the day
THE PERFECT PAIR...
...of sweet oxfords for springtime. Soft, stylish, and in two colorful shades- now I just need some extra spending money. ($148)
posted by Summer Allen at 1:34 PM 1 comment:
labels: style me pretty, things i'm loving...
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : VALENTINE.
"Tea and a heart" by Bowhaus.
posted by Summer Allen at 9:42 PM 4 comments:
TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : CLASSIC COUPLES.
Happy Valentine's Day, lovely folks! When in doubt, always go back to the classics.
Classic couples (from top to bottom): Spencer Tracy & Katherine Hepburn, Paul Newman & Joanna Woodward, Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg, Lauren Bacall & Humphrey Bogart, Mary Pickford & Douglas Fairbanks, Anna Karina & Jean-Luc Godard, John F. Kennedy & Jackie O, Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz, Johnny Cash & June Carter, and Clyde Barrow & Bonnie Parker.
posted by Summer Allen at 1:46 PM 5 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)