THOUGHT OF THE DAY : A NEW YEAR.
"2014 Let's Do This," a simple art print by Ciera Design. ($20)
Happy New Year, folks. Let's raise our glasses to a brand new year, and a brand new slate. Much love to you all!
posted by Summer Allen at 10:31 PM 1 comment:
labels: i heart etsy, thought of the day
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : FINE KITCHENS.
Sources (from top to bottom): AD Magazine, unknown, SF Girl By Bay, unknown, So Many Ideas, Brian W. Ferry, Petite Passport, Skona Hem, lorryx3, SF Girl By Bay, Christopher Sturman.
posted by Summer Allen at 10:27 PM 1 comment:
labels: interior inspiration, picture perfect
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : TIRED.
"onehundred and eightyfive" by jenn slade.
posted by Summer Allen at 7:55 PM No comments:
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WEEK : GIFTS FOR THE CAT LOVER.
And here we are, the last gift guide of the week! I hope you all enjoyed these collections. This one is for all the fellow kitty lovers out there- meow!
1. 2014 Stendig Calendar ($37), 2. Golden cat face ring ($56.90), 3. Kitten Confidential Shaker Set ($11.99), 4. Chat's Out of the Bag Button Set ($7.99), 5. Cat Print Candy Beads Collar Top ($39.92, sale), 6. Bookends - Running Cat ($54.31), 7. Jonathan Adler - Kitty Cat Salt & Pepper Set ($36, sale), 8. Cat Face ($45), and 9. Maurice goes on holiday. Limited edition print by Matte Stephens ($35)
posted by Summer Allen at 6:34 PM 3 comments:
labels: collections, gift guides
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WEEK : GIFTS FOR THE MINIMALIST.
For those who like the simple, stylish things...
1. Zipper Pouch: Supplies, 2. Nido Bird Feeder ($81.89), 3. Grey Knit Sweater with Crochet Shoulder ($45.52, sale), 4. Kraft Notes ($6), 5. Helvetica The Perfume ($62), 6. Geometry Espresso Cup (Set of 4) ($41.75), 7. Black Wool-Felt Skater Skirt ($35.92, sale), 8. Vitino Vase ($54.95), 9. Usefulness in Small Things ($29.95), 10. original painting, LONELY THINGS #04 ($55.45), 11. antique metal theatre marquee letter - N ($28), and 12. Off-Axis Watch ($90)
posted by Summer Allen at 9:39 AM 3 comments:
labels: collections, design nerd, gift guides
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : BEHIND.
posted by Summer Allen at 11:41 PM No comments:
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WEEK : GIFTS FOR YOUR MOM.
“Being a good mother is being a hero. Right?” -Francesca Lia Block
1. Bookends - Brackets (mint green) ($47.35), 2. vintage romantic floral handkerchiefs set of 4 ($10), 3. Rosa iPhone 5 Case ($34), 4. Voluspa Metallo Candle ($16), 5. Rubber Stamp - You Are So Loved ($15), 6. Multi-lingual Hello Card 10pcs ($19.50), 7. Apolis + Kinfolk Garden Bag ($78), 8. Collected Works of Jane Austen ($19.99, sale), 9. Initial Pendant, 14k Gold Fill Custom Hand Stamped ($20), and 10. Typography Print VINO - high quality fine art print ($30)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:28 PM 1 comment:
labels: collections, gift guides
MUST SEE : LITTLE BRIGHT STUDIO.
Check out: the beautiful accessories by one of my best friends in the world, Amy Nieto of Little Bright Studio. Not only are her products bright, cheery, and stylish, but she also donates 10% of all proceeds to teachers in low-income school districts to help provide the tools necessary for their students to succeed in science. Bags for science- yay! (See also: LBS website)
posted by Summer Allen at 6:20 PM No comments:
labels: i heart etsy, local, style me pretty, things i'm loving...
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WEEK : GIFTS FOR THE BAKER.
For those, like myself, who find solace in the kitchen...
1. Sea to Dining Sea Apron ($37.99), 2. The Vintage Sweets Book ($19.95), 3. Spots + Scribbles Oven Mitt ($22), 4. Wooden Laser Cut Cake-On-A-Plate Brooch ($32.77), 5. Pink and Orange Bakers Twine ($9), 6. Irish Soda Bread - Grocery Bag ($26), 7. Round Cake Tin ($28.98), 8. A party without cake is just a meeting - Poster print 20"x27 ($85), 9. Medium Snowflake Copper Cookie Cutter ($9.95), and 10. Pantone Sugar Bowl in Shrub Green ($22, sale)
posted by Summer Allen at 9:45 AM No comments:
labels: gift guides, in the kitchen
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : CHILL.
"Chill The Fuck Out" by Erik Marinovich. (See also: Instagram & Friends of Type)
posted by Summer Allen at 9:26 AM No comments:
labels: letter + type, thought of the day
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WEEK : GIFTS FOR YOUR SPECIAL GIRL.
Welcome to day two of Holiday Gift Guide Week! As a follow-up to my dude's post yesterday featuring gifts for men, here are some ideas for gifts to give that special lady in your life.
1. Love is blind Print 8 x 11.5 ($22), 2. Diana F+ with Flash in True Blue ($89, sale), 3. triangle drop necklace ($32), 4. Suippo Brass Bangles ($128), 5. Volume Two by She & Him LP ($21.99), 6. Never Stop Dreaming - Limited Edition Stretched Canvas Quote Art Print ($45), 7. Lush Stone Ring ($14), 8. Poetry Podium Dress ($54.99), 9. Wonderland Moth Ornament ($16), and 10. Made of Win Banner Brooch - Made to Order ($16)
posted by Summer Allen at 12:19 PM 3 comments:
labels: gift guides, style me pretty
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : LIKE TWIGGY.
"T is for Twiggy" by Marie Hochhaus. (See also: portfolio & blog)
posted by Summer Allen at 12:02 PM 1 comment:
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WEEK : GIFTS FOR THE MEN.
Hello again! This is Christopher, Summer's fiancé and occasional contributor. To kick off this week of holiday gift guides, Summer has asked me to aid her in selecting items for the fellas. We'll be heading down to California soon, so I tried to combine wonderful winter items with things that carry a slice of that SoCal shine.
1. G. Wiseman Handmade Pocket Knife (Red) ($399), 2. Lusardi London Ring ($24), 3. Navy Baroque Reindeer Sweater ($60), 4. Florence Select ($295), 5. Primary Colorblock Watch ($98), 6. Denim Stripe Eyeglass Case ($38), 7. 2014 Stendig Calendar ($37), 8. Leather Card Holder ($34), 9. Lomography Sprocket Rocket ($79, sale), 10. Josh Holinaty Wallet ($10, sale), 11. Art Skull Confidential Print ($17.99, sale), and 12. Take Your Turntable in Green ($87.99, sale)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:45 PM 2 comments:
labels: collections, gift guides, guest blogging
BEST OF THE WEEK : DECEMBER THE SEVENTH.
- One of my favorite pies: peanut butter mousse.
- This would make such a cute handmade kid's gift for the holidays.
- Gorgeous starry wedding ideas.
- Incredible 1920s police mugshots.
- This book looks like something I need: so much lovely home inspiration.
- Looking forward to cooking this meal soon.
- I love these festive party cake ideas.
- Make this beautiful mirrorball necklace.
- So much paper flower goodness.
- A simple sewing project for kids.
- My favorite Design Love Fest photoshoot so far.
- DIY some mini wreath gift tags.
- A peek into a very pretty apartment.
- and another lovely home.
- Kristina always takes the best travel photos. So much color!
- Good Guys make good shoes.
- Totally lovin' this Christmas forest cake.
- I might have to make this wreath this month.
- A whole lot of holiday DIY projects.
- 10 ways to glam up your phone.
- Such a simple and creative way to make your own marquee.
- 19 signs you're doing better than you think.
- A colorful and quirky photobooth backdrop.
- Possibly the first ever selfie.
Enjoy your Sunday, friends! It is the coldest night since 1972, so we are spending the rest of the weekend in pajamas with blankets and cups of tea. (above artwork by Tatsuro Kiuchi)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:45 PM No comments:
labels: best of the week, picture perfect
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : WINTER WHITES.
Sources (from top to bottom): The Apartment, The Style Files, Apartment Therapy: Carol & Phil, Carly Brown, Pia Ulin, Northern Delights, DigsDigs, Bungalow5, Varpunen, Kotivinkki, Mokkasin, Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer.
posted by Summer Allen at 10:51 PM 1 comment:
labels: interior inspiration, picture perfect
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : APPETITE.
"Let's Eat," a poster by Vaughn Fender. (See also: shop & tumblr)
posted by Summer Allen at 11:27 PM 2 comments:
labels: art attack, thought of the day
TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : BOLD PATTERNS!
Sources (from top to bottom): Amy Walters, A. Hakes, Jenn Ski, Ana Montiel, Ashley Goldberg, Holli Zollinger, Retro Villa, Julia Rothman, Garida Dhawan, and Georgiana Paraschiv.
posted by Summer Allen at 11:13 PM No comments:
labels: art attack, ten images of inspiration
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)