FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : COLORED LANDSCAPE.
"Capitol Reef Domes" by Joseph.
posted by Summer Allen at 9:52 PM No comments:
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : RADICAL.
posted by Summer Allen at 1:17 PM 1 comment:
labels: letter + type, thought of the day
INTERIOR INSPIRATION : EMERALD CITY.
I'm suddenly in the mood for some deep emerald greens, taking a little break from my usual love of light & cheerful desert and carnival colors. Feeling inspired by this and this and this and this and this, and all of the above.
Sources (from top to bottom): Éénig Wonen, Emily Henderson, MilK, Welke, A Beautiful Mess, Dulux, Amoeba Landing, arkpad, Better Homes and Gardens, and Rockett St George.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:52 AM 1 comment:
labels: interior inspiration, picture perfect
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : BIRD IN HAND.
"... all but one of his fires out" by Christine.
posted by Summer Allen at 1:51 PM No comments:
COLLECTIONS : RECORDS I WANT TO OWN.
Now that we finally hooked up our record player and thrifted some speakers, I am itching to go record shopping. I have all the albums above on my iPod, but I feel like they'd be much more special on vinyl. I know this sounds corny, but a record seems much more personal and romantic.
1. First Aid Kit: Stay Gold ($18.99), 2. Grizzly Bear: Shields ($25.31), 3. Beirut: The Flying Club Cup ($17.09), 4. Father John Misty: Fear Fun ($17), 5. Dum Dum Girls: Too True ($17), 6. Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes ($14), 7. Nina Simone: The Amazing Nina Simone ($18.99), and 8. Angel Olsen: Burn Your Fire For Witness
posted by Summer Allen at 1:46 PM No comments:
labels: collections, musique
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : VINO.
"Give Me The Wine," by illustrator/ceramist/sculptor Harry McKenzie. (See also: shop & instagram)
posted by Summer Allen at 1:16 PM No comments:
labels: art attack, thought of the day
TEN IMAGES OF INSPIRATION : CITY OF ANGELS.
Before I moved from Portland to Los Angeles in March, I had no idea if I was going to like it here. I left southern California when I was twenty-three with such a bad taste in my mouth, bitter and positive I'd never come back. After my husband (then fiancé) and I decided to move down here for career opportunities and family, I was quite weary about how I would feel being back again. Let me tell you: I love it: the weather, the architecture, the food (the tacos... oh, the tacos), the bars, the beach, the constant things to do, the style... we are quite happy we decided to do this. Los Angeles, I'm loving you.
Sources (from top to bottom): Bronson Snelling, Viktor Vautier, Myan Soffia, instagram: designlovefest, Tiny Bee Photography, Lauren Natalie, Keri Bevan, Mariposa Fuerte, Bree Madden, and My Modern Met.
posted by Summer Allen at 12:22 PM 6 comments:
labels: local, picture perfect, ten images of inspiration
FLICKR PHOTO OF THE DAY : RED.
"Little Red House" by Toby Hancock.
posted by Summer Allen at 11:09 PM No comments:
BEST OF THE WEEK : SEPTEMBER THE FIFTH.
- 10 of the best apple cocktail recipes.
- This is still one of my favorite quotes.
- The cutest free printable paper ice creams!
- Have you ever made homemade mustard? It is the best.
- How to eat ramen.
- Make this sign for your next party.
- This home filled with collectibles is my kind of home.
- Hilarious cat reactions to going outside for the first time.
- A pretty layered vanilla bean cake.
- Loving all the curiosities in her bedroom.
- DIY gold-rimmed faux marble coasters.
- A lavender-honey iced latte sounds awesome.
- I adore David Sedaris.
- A pretty September desktop wallpaper.
- One of my favorite simple desserts is strawberries & cream. I love the addition of graham here.
- How to set up a perfect bar cart.
- Her sketchbooks are incredible.
- This pizza = YUM.
- With my deep affection for giraffes, I think staying here would be something out of a dream.
- Bright watercolor wedding inspiration.
- One of the cutest cakes I ever did see.
- The myth of effortless. Word.
- An easy back-to-school craft to do with your kids.
- 11 apps to check out.
- Flower-embellished photo art.
- I love the colors & patters of Mexican blankets (I want them all over our home).
- Mmmmm, a chai tea ice box cake.
- This peek into Diana's home is lovely.
- Make some maple apple granola to start your day.
- DIY dinner napkins anyone can make.
- Peach & basil crostini for the win.
posted by Summer Allen at 4:23 PM No comments:
labels: art attack, best of the week
THOUGHT OF THE DAY : FAVORITE EVERYTHING.
"everything," an 8x10" by San Francisco-based artist Hillary Bird. ($25, see also: blog)
posted by Summer Allen at 8:01 PM No comments:
labels: i heart etsy, thought of the day
COLLECTIONS : TEN THINGS...
...that I've got my eyes on. It's funny- I saved all these items randomly without realizing how well they all go together.
1. Touch of Tranquil Jacket ($49.99), 2. Small Tiered Beaded Hanging Planter with Cups ($79), 3. vintage mid-century children's book -- "the first book of earth" ($14), 4. Soap Rock ($14), 5. Vintage Kilim Rug ($295), 6. WWII African-American U.S. Navy Soldier Framed Photo ($150), 7. Linen Banner - Stay True ($85), 8. Aqua Aura Quartz Crystal Necklace ($36.75), 9. To/From Arrow Labels (£5.50), and 10. Concrete Architectural Style Planter 2 ($49)
posted by Summer Allen at 12:43 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)