8.22.2011

ten images of inspiration : there's more to life than books you know, but not more.












While flipping through this book at work yesterday, I came across this quotation: "bella cosa far niente, which translates as "it's beautiful to do nothing." These warm summer days, I am wishing for lazier days in bed or the bath with stacks of books beside me. Most of the time, I'd much rather have my nose in a book than out partying.

Sources (from top to bottom): Abby Powell, Flickr: autumnlove, Randi Brookman Harris, Flickr: Anna Ristucuccia, f2 Images, Cori Kindred, Flickr: Jackson Sherry, Maria Alexandra Vettese, Flickr: allie bishop pasquier, and Alice B. Gardens.

7 comments:

  1. Love these images- I definitely agree with your comment, i'd rather curl up with a good book than go partying as well :)

    xo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i would always rather be reading than partying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i couldn't agree with you more-- spending a lazy night with my nose stuck in a book sounds more like my kind of thing than going out and hitting the town! lovely, lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check out Abelardo Morrell's "A book of books." He's one of my favorite photographers and you won't believe how amazing his photos of books are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quote is beautiful. Isn't that what other countries have that America is missing? Seeing the beauty in slowing down and doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want those, but I can not afford

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore old books, my studio is full of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...